NORTH NIBLEY, a parish in the hundred of Upper Berkeley, in the county of Gloucestershire, between Wotton-under-Edge and Dursley on the edge of the Cotswolds.
The Tyndale Monument is visible from many miles away and is a useful landmark for anyone approaching the village from North, South or West.
North Nibley has a thriving Church of England Primary school.
The village is of considerable antiquity, and was formerly famed for the manufacture of woollen cloth.
The last battle between private armies fought on English soil was at Nibley Green on 20th March, 1469/70 between William, Lord Berkeley, and Thomas, Lord Lisle with a combined force of more than 1,000 men.
The village is famously associated with William Tyndale, who translated The Bible into English.
Lister Tyndale Vintage Rally 9th and 10th July
Vintage transport, steam engines, motorcycles, vintage caravans, military section, stalls and much more!
150th anniversary of the opening of the Tyndale Monument
The monument was officially opened in 1866. The Monument Trust are organizing celebrations for the 150th
anniversary on the 1st October 2016. The plan is to invite representatives of those present at the opening.
The chapel will host refreshments and a marathon reading from the Tyndale Bible and a concert will be held
in St. Martin's Church in the evening.
The Countryside Code
Please respect the local community and other people using the outdoors.
Remember your actions can affect people's lives and livelihoods.
Protecting the natural environment means taking care not to damage features such as plants and trees.
For more information see The Countryside Code.