NORTH NIBLEY, a parish in the hundred of Upper Berkeley, in the county of Gloucestershire, between Wotton-under-Edge and Dursley on the edge of the Cotswolds. The Tyndale Monument is visible from many miles away and is a useful landmark for anyone approaching the village from North, South or West. North Nibley has a thriving Church of England Primary school. The village is of considerable antiquity, and was formerly famed for the manufacture of woollen cloth.
The last battle between private armies fought on English soil was at Nibley Green on 20th March, 1469/70 between William, Lord Berkeley, and Thomas, Lord Lisle with a combined force of more than 1,000 men. The village is famously associated with William Tyndale, who translated The Bible into English.